Friday 8 August 2014

Hair | DIY Hair Mask


Hi lovelies! Just a quick and simple DIY beauty post today. With the cold weather we've been having recently my hair has been feeling pretty dry. I've started to try and avoid using silicones in my hair, so the majority of hair masks are out. 

Whilst silicone makes your hair feel great straight after washing it doesn't actually do anything for you hair in the long run. So I've been mixing up this hair mask and using it once a week when I wash my hair. 

It's super super simple. All you need to do is mix equal parts of olive oil and coconut oil together. I microwave the mixture to help the coconut oil melt, but make sure you don't make it too hot, else you'll burn your scalp. 

If you're feeling extra fancy that day, you can also stir in an egg. The egg adds protein and I find that it adds some nice shine to your hair as well. Although be warned it is pretty messy. 

All  do with this mask is apply it to dry hair, prior to washing it and leaving it on for as long as possible before washing my hair like normal. If your hair has been feeling on the drier side give this mask a try it makes a huge difference.

Let me know if you give it a try!

Jess x 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...