Monday 16 June 2014

Winter Essentials | Purple Lipstick

 Top to Bottom: Revlon Matte Balm in 'Shameless' MUA Luxe Velvet Lips in 'Kooky' Sleek Matte Me in 'Fandango Purple'

Hi lovelies! So whilst referring to a shade of lipstick as essential is a little extreme, I am really loving a purple lip in the cooler weather. It makes for a nice alternative to deep reds. I also like the range of variety you can get. 

Above I'm wearing the Sleek Matte Me in 'Fandango Purple' which is a great mix between a fuchsia and a purple. If you're feeling a tad apprehensive about going straight to purple then this could be a good stepping stone.

The shades from Revlon and MUA are definitely deeper, vampier shades. I find that pairing these shades with a bit of mascara and eyeliner makes them wearable day and night. 

As with all bold lip colours, I prefer a matte finish. I think especially with something as bold as purple you really want to avoid glossy finish to prevent smudging. 

If you have any suggestions for purple shades that I should test out then leave them down below. I'm keen to expand my collection.

Jess x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...