Tuesday 17 June 2014

Skin | Winter Hand Cream Essentials


Winter means a lot of things but one of the least favourable is dry skin. The skin on my hands is dry and damaged at the best of times (no matter what product I use) but winter is particularly bad. I have purchased and tried a lot of different hand creams in my life and have put a collection of what I think to be the best of the bunch. Some are on the the go at the moment and some are definitely on my list of options when purchasing more. 


Lighter Handbag Favourites
The two products I currently have floating around my handbags are The Body Shop's Hemp Hand Protector and L'Occitane's Shea Butter Hand Cream. Both of these are well known classic products that are as essential in my bag as my iPhone and wallet. The smaller sized products both come in at under $15 and will fit into small spaces in your bag because of their bendable metal packaging. My personal favourite is the L'Occitane but because it has very comforting memories attached to the scent. I find them both to be equally as effective and sink into the skin as to not give you endlessly greasy feeling hands. 

I also love Aēsop's Resurrection Aromatique Hand Balm. I received this for my birthday last year and loved it so much it didn't even make it to the end of summer.  For this size product from Aēsop, the price isn't too ludicrous so I'd recommend giving it a go if mandarin rind, rosemary leaf and cedar wood sounds like your kind of combination. 


Heavier Nourishment Favourites
At the moment, I am fairly obsessed slathering on Lush's Handy Gurugu before going sleep. By the end of the day my hands need some serious nourishment and that is what this rich creamy product offers. I am currently working my way through my second pot for the year. 

Before stumbling across Handy Gurugu I was using two other products not featured in the photos above and still highly recommend them. Soap and Glory's Hand Food and Origins' Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment come with my own, and many other bloggers, recommendations. 

Soap and Glory's offering is probably the most nourishing yet versatile product I have use to this date. It doesn't make your hands so greasy that it renders you useless but still offers plenty of moisture. 

Origin's product is definitely a 'before bed' type of hand cream. It is very thick, intensive and works beautifully. It's longevity is even better when combined with sleeping gloves if you can stand them. 

Have I missed any amazing products? I am always hunting for and trying anything to make my hands more moisturised. 

Happy Sunday!
Erin xx

1 comment:

  1. +1 for the L'Occitane Hand Cream, although I prefer the lavender version. In my job I was always getting little nicks and cuts on my hands from computer components, it was worse in winter. Lavender oil is a natural antiseptic and I found there was enough genuine lavender oil (as opposed to lavender scent) in the cream to help with healing plus it smells pretty good. I only wish I could claim it a a tax deduction. :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...