Tuesday 15 April 2014

Review | Aēsop Tea Tree Leaf Facial Exfoliant


It has been a life long mantra of mine that we keep our skin for life and should therefore treat it with the utmost respect. During my childhood and teenage years my parents and I put a lot of effort into minimising the effects my moderate but persistent acne would have on my skin. I still to this day have no problem in investing in more expensive skin products if I believe they will benefit my skin. Aēsop isn't the cheapest of skincare brands but I have a lot of respect for the amazing products they produce all with a heavy emphasis on natural ingredients. Occasionally, I will splurge and purchase from their line; normally when I'm feeling like a good old fashioned bit of retail therapy. 

I had recently tried their Purifying Facial Exfoliant Paste in a sample (oh, how I adore their sample generosity) and was considering purchasing that. The ever-helpful staff member did a comparison on my hands of both of these products and I ended up preferring the Tea Tree Leaf Facial Exfoliant.  

The consistency is a fine light grey powder that smells just as a powder made mainly from tea tree should; like tea tree. It was suggested that I use an Aēsop gel cleanser but, as she could tell I was on a budget, said that it was only essential that the cleanser was a gel formula and the brand was irrelevant. I have been tapping a small amount (about the size of a five cent piece) into my hand, pumping my usual quantity of Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser on top and adding a few drops of water. When you combine these products in your hands they form an extremely clarifying exfoliating paste (there is a full demonstration on if you click the link to the product).

I think the value of this product far exceeds that of the Purifying Facial Exfoliant Paste simply because you need a lot less of the powder to combine with a cleanser. I have also found that the intensity of the exfoliation is more suited to my skin type. 

If you don't mind the $40 price tag then I would highly recommend trying this product as a weekly exfoliator. I wear full coverage makeup everyday and am surrounded by coffee grounds and cocoa in the air - a natural but clarifying exfoliant is exactly what my skin needs. If you're not sure but have an interest in any Aēsop product, the staff are super helpful, knowledgable and incredibly generous with samples and demonstrations - never be afraid to ask when you're unsure.

Happy Wednesday!
Erin xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...