Monday 17 March 2014

Review | Maybelline Colour Sensational Lip Colour and Lip Gloss

 Maybelline ColourSensational Lipcolour in Coffee Craze, Maybelline ColourSensational Gloss in Iced Chocolate

Hi lovelies! I think I need to preface this post by saying that I am in no way a lover of nude lips. I also as a general rule don't enjoy wearing lipgloss. To be honest I am not even a fan of sheeny lip balms. Which is why finding these two products from Maybelline was such a pleasant surprise. 

When I first heard Anna mention the ColourSensational glosses I have to admit I tuned it out a little bit. Bizarrely I have always been more comfortable in a strong matte lip colour than a nude gloss. When Priceline were having a 40% off cosmetics sale her words I decided to take her advice and pick one of the glosses. 

I was safe and opted for a creamy nude in the shade Iced Chocolate. And you know want I absolutely love it. The level of pigmentation is great and the shimmer in the tube doesn't make itself known on the lips. I tend to apply a layer and then pat it into my lips for a subtle sheen. 

To go with the gloss I also chose one of the ColourSensational Lipcolours. My one is in Coffee Craze and it makes the perfect companion to the gloss. I have also been wearing it by itself and find that it mutes out my natural lip colour just enough to make it a nude, but not so much that I look like a corpse. These lipsticks are really comfortable to wear and the balm like texture makes me think I will be getting a lot of use out of this in the upcoming cooler weather. 

The need for reapplication every few hours is still something I am getting used to, however the subtle colour means a mirror isn't necessary. Despite the above pictures, I have been veering away from my usual liquid liner and opting for a smokier look day to day. Both products are a great to pair with a smokey eye, for a pared down everyday look. 

Whilst I am still firmly a red lipstick girl at heart I can definitely see myself picking up a few more of these lip glosses in some more nude shades for a bit of variety day to day.

If these lip glosses can convert even the staunchest of matte lip lovers then they must be something special. I bought mine in store at Priceline, but they're available here and here

Have you tried any of this range? What colours would you recommend?

Jess x 



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...