Saturday 8 February 2014

Recipe | Tapenade


Ask anyone who has ever met me and they will probably be able to confirm that I am obsessed with olives. I've been shamefully eating them with a spoon, straight out of the jar for as long as I can remember. Lovingly nicknamed the Olive Queen by my father and often gifted fancy olives it is the food obsession of a lifetime. I've noticed recently that olive tapenade is fairly difficult to come across in your regular grocery store and up until Christmas I had no way of making my favourite dip myself. After receiving a food processor for Christmas last year, of course an olive tapenade was the first thing I made. Enjoy!

Ingredients
200g pitted kalamata olives
2 cloves garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
2tbsp good quality extra virgin olive oil
1tbsp red wine vinegar 
1 lemon, juiced

Place the garlic in the food processor and, if the option is available, hold down the chop button and if not use your regular pulse setting, for about 10 seconds. Add the olives into the processor and continue for another 30 seconds. Add in the liquids and continue to pulse for another 10 seconds. 

Voila! Thats your tapenade finished. Decant from the food processor bowl into whatever vessel you desire, cover with a tiny drizzle of olive oil and put it in the fridge. I've put a small portion of mine into this super cute little jar and may or may not gift it to an olive loving friend depending on my generosity. 

Let me know if you make this super simple tapenade and if you enjoy it. I am going to see how I like capers and/or anchovies in it next time. 

Erin xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...