Thursday 2 January 2014

OOTD | Floral Specks

 Polkadot Skater Skirt - River Island via ASOS / Floral Kimono - unknown boutique / Black Singlet - Target / White Socks - Target


Kimonos; you either love them or you hate them. I am definitely a lover of them and this is the first one I ever purchased. Just like over-shirts they are the perfect way to keep pale skin covered during the warmer months but don't cause you to overheat. 


When I found this short kimono in a small Brisbane boutique I couldn't leave it behind. The pure cotton fabric is beautifully soft and light that is just flows around you. The floral pattern is also to die for, so intricate, bright and vibrant. The bouquets of tradition flowers in such crisp modern colours speak to me and my love for flowers (read our blog's name if you weren't aware). 

The polka-dotted beauty around my waist is another member of my collection of skater skirts that gets a less than equal amount of wear. It falls a little short of the appropriate length for work category and so is left for weekends and, more often than not, nights out. I also adore the faux-quilting effect that River Island has put into the fabric. It lays a textured backdrop for the spots. 

Like most of my outfits during summer, this has been short and sweet. It is simply too hot to wear too many layers. 

Are you a lover or hater of kimonos? Let me know in the comments.

Erin xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...