Wednesday 15 January 2014

About Face | A Lighter Day



Headed towards the end half of summer I thought I'd share with you the newest additions to my makeup routine. I usually wear a combination of Clinique's Anti-Blemish Solutions liquid foundation and Laura Mercier's Translucent Loose Setting Power. These are perfect for my air-conditioned work place and are barrier between my skin and grime of my day-to-day chores. However, I needed a lighter choice for weekend, out-of-work and the hotter holiday months; these products are my choice for a lighter wearing, low to medium coverage face.

Generally, I am hesitant about trying new products that have direct contact with my face for an extended period of time. After hearing (and sampling) that the Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation by Bourjois was fairly light I thought I would try it out. I purchased this is 51, the lightest shade I believe, and apply it with my hands slightly more concentrated around my nose, upper lip and chin. 

I then follow up with a quick swipe of Rimmel's Wake Me Up Concealer (in 010 Ivory) under my eyes, along my nose and chin. After trial and error I have found that working this concealer into the skin with some of the Happy Light Concealer (shade 21 Ivory) by Bourjois already on my finger works as a semi-setting agent. The whole process is completed with a light application of Stay Matte (in 001 Translucent), again, focused more heavily in the T-Zone but not overly. 

And that is my base done for a day off work but still need a little bit of coverage. My favourite product would have to be the Wake Me Up Concealer but I'm pleased as punch with all of them so far.

Any more recommendations for a light to medium coverage make-up for this pale skinned girl? Let me know in the comments.

Erin xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...