Monday 30 December 2013

Recipe | Chicken Meatballs


I'm not sure if either Erin or I have mentioned it but we are off to the Woodford Folk Festival next week and we are more than a little excited. This recipe is somewhat of a clearing out of my fridge in preparation for my week away. If you decide to make this meal yourself feel free to substitute any of the vegetables or meat with whatever you have to hand. 

Serves 4
Ingredients

Chicken Meatballs (I cheated and used store bought ones)
1 Onion
2 Cloves of Garlic
Broccoli 
Sliced Zucchini
Sliced Carrot
Can of Diced Tomatoes 
Fresh herbs
Coconut Oil
Salt 
Pepper 
(Optional) Chilli Flakes

Brown the onion, garlic and meatballs in a large frying pan. I tend to use coconut oil when cooking, but any oil would work. Whilst the meatballs are browning I steamed the broccoli in the microwave, cooking for a couple of minutes and then setting it aside. 

Add the remaining vegetables (except the broccoli), diced tomatoes, and a cup of water. Then I added salt, pepper and chilli flakes to taste. Leave the sauce to simmer over a low heat with the lid off. 

Once the sauce has reduced turn of the heat and stir through the broccoli and fresh herbs. 

That particular night I opted to serve my sauce over an oven-baked sweet potato, but this could be substituted. I can confirm it also tastes great with buckwheat pasta and brown rice.

This made for a great dinner, and I have some leftovers in the freezer for when I return exhausted from my holidays. 

I am looking forward to the festival, but after a week of camping I am always eager to get back to my own bed. 

Jess x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...