Wednesday 6 November 2013

OOTD | Fancy Free Florals






Grey V-Neck - BONDS / Pastel Floral Maxi Skirt - Thrifted / Brown Leather Waist Belt - Thrifted / Crochet Sun Hat - Woolgoolga Markets / Sunglasses - Sportsgirl / Boots - R.M. Williams / White Socks - Target / Name Plate Necklace - Gift / Lips - Clinique Chubby Stick in Watermelon

As the days warm up and the sun beats down you're beginning to see a lot more of my favourite pieces. The paler and floral-er colours are my favourite to wear and it is this time of year that allows for such feminine looks. I took this weekend date with Jess to don one of my 'cuter' outfits for a little while so I thought I'd share it with you. 

This floral maxi skirt sits amongst a select few of my most treasured vintage items found whilst thrift shopping. Being fully lined and stain free (somewhat rare for paler garments) this skirt is a fabulous example of the high quality garments you kind find when you look hard enough in the right places. It is super comfortable and makes me feel like skipping and enjoying my free time like I never have to go back to work.

I was initially going to pair the skirt with a cream singlet but opted for this light grey Bonds v-neck to protect my shoulders as I knew I'd be out in the sun a fair bit. Being a pale human very prone to freckling I like to be sun safe in my clothing choices even as the temperature increases. Same story goes for the adorable sun hat I picked up recently. I don't normally feel any attraction to hats and own so few you'd never think I came from the 'sunshine state'. However, this hat drew me in hook, line and sinker. It is 100% cotton and has tubing around the rim to keep it from flopping in my face. It fits my huge head perfectly and is yet to give me horrendous hat hair. 

The rest of my outfit are all staples; brown boots, white socks and sunglasses. I feel that brown shades for basics are more subtle and complimentary to whites and pastels (and the rest of my wardrobe).

Writing this post has made me so keen for the weekend to come back again as I have a day long thrifting session in Brisbane's best kept secret. Can't wait to show you what I find!

Erin xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...