Monday 18 November 2013

OOTD | The Big Picture

 .Com Beanie by UNIF / Kimono Thrifted / 'Teenage Dirtbag' Tank by MINKPINK / 'Private Dancer' Shorts by MINKPINK / Jeffrey Campbell Meyer Light Up Sneakers

Hi lovelies! My love for beanies extends into the summer apparently. This one is by UNIF (preditably) and it was on clearance on Urban Outfitters back in September. The weather has been pretty typical for a Brisbane summer lately with gorgeous sunny days and then pouring rain come 5 o'clock. So wearing a beanie isn't that ridiculous... at least that's what I'm telling myself. 

My kimono was a gem that I thrifted from one of my favourite stores. But it was a kimono when I bought it, it was a dress. In a size about 12 sizes too big for me. I had already fallen in love with the tight floral print so bought it regardless. After a quick snip of the sleeves and it's the perfect thing to throw over a summer outfit. 

Keeping an open mind when thrifting is so important. I always make sure to have a rummage through the men's and size 16+ sections. It's perfect for finding slouchy clothing perfect on a hot summer day. 

The other pieces you've all seen before. I'm surprised to find myself still wearing leather during the warmer months, but I am happy to give it a shot. I just threw on my Jeffrey Campbell sneakers with this outfit to really let the floral print stand out. 

That's it from me today. I managed to tear myself away from Breaking Bad long enough to type up this post. Why did I put off watching this shoe for such a long time? 

What are your favourite pieces that you've found in unexpected places? 

Jess xx





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...