Wednesday 23 October 2013

The Wish List | For The Face

If you haven't noticed that I am an adorer and hoarder make-up products both high and low end you will soon (that is if you continue to read this post). During the month of October, also known as Buy Nothing New Month, I have discovered many products, new and old, that I want to purchase. Not being able to purchase them has really enabled me to be more pragmatic about the products I will splurge on come November and which items will forever remain on the wish list. Below you will see two lists; things I will hopefully soon purchase and things I will purchase only in my imagination. 

Products to Purchase:


Benefit Cosmetics Gimme Brow


Gimme Brow indeed. I am a self-confessed brow product addict and I can vouch for Jess and say that she is too. When we saw these new 'wonder' products being released and knew we couldn't touch them for a whole month a little bit of us broke inside. I'm always hunting for something that is more perfect than the last with a balanced combination of accurate colouring and waxiness. After seeing reviews of this product I am hoping that this gets me that little bit closer to brow-fection. 


Rimmel London Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Liner in Nude

After seeing so many bloggers talk about this product I have decided I must try it for myself. I know that lining the bottom waterline with nude kohl is potentially just a fad but I can't wait to see if it works for me and makes my eyes look that much more open. There are quite a few on the market at the moment but this has had the most glowing reviews. It is pretty cheap on ASOS but I may require instant consumer satisfaction and purchase it from Priceline when the month of no new beauty ends. 


Products to Dream About:

Chanel Illusion D'Ombre in (90) Convoitise





A few days ago I saw a swatch of this dreamy product and was rendered speechless. I stared at it for so long I thought I was going mental. Chanel has produced one of the most beautiful gold powder-cream shadows I have ever laid eyes upon with a infusion of mother-of-pearl in the product. However, because of its incredibly fancy glow, unless I really see an occasion to wear it, I do doubt that I will ever do much more than stare at it longingly. After using and reviewing the Chanel Quad a few months back, I can assure you that this product will be of the highest of qualities (if their other shadow products are anything to go by). 

Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer Kit in Porcelain/White Powder

Whilst on the hunt for a new concealer a few months ago I stumbled across this product in Mecca Maxima. My choice of under-eye concealer was cracking after a few hours (which turned out to be my skins fault) and I was in a hurry to remedy the issue with a new product. Unfortunately for the lady serving me and trialling this product on my face, she forgot to ask what my price range was. $56 for a concealer duo was just too much for me to outlay at once and I had to opt for the cheaper Smashbox option (nothing alike at all). I much preferred this product to the one I ended up purchasing and may well damage my wallet in the future but I can't see it happening any time soon.

The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer



This product was a toss up to which category I should put it in. I desperately want to try it because of all the wonderful things I have heard about it BUT every store in Brisbane that stocks product by The Balm seems to have decided to not put testers out of this item only. I have particularly pale skin and would much rather be able to test it out before purchasing and being in a right mess. It isn't that cheap that I can justify a guess and check method. Jess and I am both very keen to try this but if we can't find a sample of it we may be waiting a very long time. 

I'm sure everyone has their real and fantasy wish lists so let us know in the comments what you're lusting over at the moment. 

Erin xx




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...