Sunday 6 October 2013

Recipe | Rice Noodle Salad


Weekend lunches growing up were always a bit of pot luck in my household. This isn't to say they weren't always amazing but because she was home my mum would get crafty with whatever was left in the house after the week or with some bits and pieces she had picked up on the weekend grocery shop. One of many dishes she excelled was a healthy vermicelli rice noodle salad with a variety of different ingredients. As it gets hotter here I've been trying to cook dishes that require a lot less cooking and this is one of them. 




Serves 2
Ingredients
100g vermicelli rice noodles, cooked in boiling water as per packet instructions
425g can of tuna in spring water, drained
2 handfuls of rocket, rinsed 
1 carrot, grated

Dressing
2 tahitian limes, juiced
2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
2 tbsp light soy sauce

Once you've started cooking the rice noodles as per the instructions on the packet you can prepare the other ingredients. I like to make the dressing a jar so I can shake it up with the lid on and know it is completely combined. The measurements I have given are fairly rough so feel free to change up the ratios to your preferred taste because I do love lime a lot. 

Break the tuna up in the bowl you plan on serving the salad in and combine with the grated carrot. Add in 1/3 of the dressing and mix again. By now your noodles should be cooked so drain them and run cold tap water over them. For ease when eating I like to cut the noodles roughly with some scissors as I add them into the serving bowl with the carrot and tuna. Add another 1/3 of the dressing and combine the ingredients well. Add the rocket and toss with the rest of the ingredients before drizzling over the remaining of the dressing. 

Now you're ready to serve. Having more soy sauce or sweet chilli available when serving is also a good idea because you may just want more flavour.

Enjoy!
Erin xx

3 comments:

  1. Oh yum!!!! I'm thinking I wouldn't mind adding some chopped mint or coriander to this along with some toasted crushed nuts or sesame seeds. I'd probably also add some halved (or quartered if larger) cherry tomatoes or diced cucumber. Now you have me thinking, Wonder if I have any rice noodles in the cupboard?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. This looks so so yummy!!! I'll definitely have to try it out :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey I really like this blog!! Seems really relaxed and that's nice, I especially like the mix of personal posts and recipies, keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...