Thursday 5 September 2013

The Mix | Seasalt Sprays

From L to R: Fudge Sea Salt Spray, Lee Stafford Beach Babe Sea Salt Spray, Frederick Fekkai Marine Summer Hair

I went through a phase in my teenage years of desperately trying to get my hair to go against its natural state. I spent several years trying to achieve sleek, smooth, shiny hair that was just never meant to be. Perhaps it was the alliteration that attracted me to the concept? Or perhaps it was watching numerous girls getting weaves on America's Next Top Model?

Anywho as I've grown up I've gotten considerably less bothered (read lazier) about the whole hair thing. In truth I use heat to style my hair once in a blue moon and I'd much rather spend ages playing around with makeup than with hair bits. I have become a big fan of sea salt sprays to fake that 'oh I wake up looking like this' look.  

Fudge Salt Spray ($19.99 available here): This smells delicious. And the scent reminds me of summer holidays. This cheap and cheerful number has served me well on numerous holidays as the spray can be "locked" for travel. I would recommend a little caution with this one though, one spray too many can take you from tousled to limp. 

Lee Stafford Beach Babe Sea Salt Spray ($12.29 available here): This is the newest addition to my stash, bought during Priceline's recent 40% off haircare sale. It performs much the same as the Fudge one, so if you're looking for an easily accessible and affordable option look no further. Personally I prefer the stronger scent of the Fudge spray, but some of you may prefer the subtler smell. 

Frederick Fekkai Marine Summer Hair ($25.00 available here): My favourite of the bunch. In all honesty I am mentioning this product as it has served me well, however the formula has recently been "improved" and all subsequent reviews have been rather negative. I don't understand why brands can't follow the motto of 'if it isn't broke, don't fix it' and I shall be sad to finish up this bottle. That being said the two other products are cheaper, easier to locate and do nearly the same job. 

My fave way to use all of the above is to spray them through my hair whilst still wet and then leave to air dry. If I fancy some extra wave then I'll usually plait my hair as well. 

Vivianna has recently done a post on sea salt sprays and a couple of other (much pricer) options have been added to my wishlist. I think before too long my first CultBeauty purchase is going to be made. I am sorry bank account. 

In other news I have dyed my hair pink since taking these photos! Ever since finishing high school I've wanted my hair a bright colour however have never been able to with my previous jobs. Can't wait to show you all how I did it!

Are you taking the lazy approach with your hair this summer? Or everyday of the year?

Jess xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...