Monday 8 July 2013

Review | Copper River Bags


Hi lovelies! As many of you know all my photos since the beginning of June have been taken with my Canon 60D camera. Photography was always a hobby I was interested in, but never pursued until we started the blog. I knew that when I made the investment in the camera I also wanted to invest in a bag that would allow me to carry my equipment securely whilst still looking fashionable. After investing so much money into the camera I refused to let it become something I left at home due to its size. 

I knew that I wanted a leather satchel, black naturally, that would also function as a bag for university. After having no luck in any Australian stores I turned to the internet. eBay was a dud and various online stores were charging an absolute bomb for bags that weren't even genuine leather.  

Frustrated I turned to Etsy. Best. Decision. Ever. After a bit of searching I stumbled across the Copper River Bags store. I came across the 14" Black Newport Voyager Leather Camera Bag and it was love. I checked out almost immediately with the bag and matching leather shoulder strap. I would definitely recommend investing in the shoulder strap as it makes the bag much more comfortable to carry than the standard canvas strap.

These bags are 100% American Oiltan full grain leather and are simple beautiful. Each bag is handmade to order and all are unique to their owner. They even come with a 100 year guarantee! What is most staggering about the bag is their cost. With the shoulder strap and shipping mine cost $260. For a bag of such supreme quality that I can wear for the rest of my life I think that is phenomenal. 

Listed are the exact dimensions of my bag: Main pocket - 14" wide x 10" deep x 5" gusset, Rear cargo pocket - 14" wide x 10" deep, Inside iPad pocket - 11"wide x 9" deep. This is the perfect size for me. I have a 13" MacBook Pro and it fits in the side compartment with or without the camera dividers in. Speaking of the dividers they are completely adjustable and you can move them to suit you. Now I am not an organised person, however, I like keeping the compartments in for everyday use. My camera bits fit nicely in one section, and my other stuff is kept divided. I am finally able to find things in a bag. It's a miracle. 

For their full range of bags and leather goods be sure to check out their Etsy shop here. I cannot recommend them enough and think their bags would also be the perfect gift. The black and white picture seems a little incongruous but I just think the bag looks so classy in monotone.

DSLRs are a pesky thing to lug about sometimes. Let me know your solutions in the comments below.

Jess xx


2 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful bag

    new post on my blog, chiffon-cloud.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous and so damn functional! You struck gold Erin!

    outside is colours

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...