Monday 15 July 2013

Nails | The Perfect Nude


Hi lovelies! I would just like to say that hands are really awkward things to photograph. And I guess you don't really notice that until you're looking through a mega-zoom lens. Anyways onto the nail polish. I don't know if any of you remember from my last nail post (handy link here) but my job allows me the extensive choice of red or nude nails. 

Ever since I started I was on the hunt for that elusive perfect nude. And it was harder to find than I anticipated. Some were too brown, some too nude, some too pink. It's amazing how many variations on skin tone are out there. When the Barry M Gelly Polishes were released last year I saw a shade that looked perfect. Sadly I live about 16, 000 kilometres away from purchasing the polishes in store. 

Luckily a friend of Erin's went on exchange in England and offered to bring us back some polishes we couldn't get our hands on in Oz. The shade I got was Lychee and guys I think it might be love. The polish is great quality, opaque in two coats and long lasting. But best of all it is the nude shade I was hunting for. 

Now I know from first hand experience how much of a pain these polishes are to get in Australia so I thought I would make some alternative suggestions. Above are the Rimmel Lycra Pro Polish in Beige Styles and the Essence Polish in Toffee to Go. Although they weren't quite what I was after the polishes are great quality and might be just right for your skin tone. 

I think that's enough of a rave for now, can you tell I love this nail polish yet? If anyone's wondering the glitter on my ring finger is Illamasqua's Spartan and it's about as fancy as I get in the nail art stakes. 

Anyways I am off now to stare at my nails some more. 

Happy Monday!

Jess xx



1 comment:

  1. I love the colour of the polish! Pretty pictures too :)

    http://wastelandsofwisdom.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...