Monday 29 April 2013

OOTD More Velvet


Sweater John Galt for Brandy Melville / Necklace Regal Rose / Shorts UNIF Garter Shorts / Claw Bracelet eBay / Boots Jeffrey Campbell Back Offs 

 So my obsession with velvet continues. I was sorting through my clothes on the weekend and realised I have acquired a large amount of velvet clothing in a short space of time. Do I regret it? Not at all. I think what I like most about the fabric is the colours it tends to come in. As you may have guessed I'm not a big colour person, however jewel toned colours are my favourite to wear. Luckily for me those colours and velvet go hand in hand. 

This outfit is not a good example of a new colour-loving me. I was playing around with some pieces trying to come up with some nighttime outfits that won't leave me frozen this winter. Last year my solution was to throw my leather jacket over everything, however this left carrying round a jacket for most of the night. 

Although the layers here a relatively thin, they also mean that I am fairly covered up. I shall give this outfit a test run sometime this week and let you know. If there's no response I'm probably frozen to the pavement and someone should come and bring me a cup of tea.

These shorts from UNIF are beautiful. The garters aren't functional but I love the hook-and-eye closure on the pants. They were a buy from NastyGal awhile back, but they are still on the site on mega-mega-clearance. I love a pair of short shorts and these manage to be short but not leave my bum hanging out. Win-win if you ask me.

My Back Offs have been featured on the blog before (link here). They remain one of my favourite Jeffreys and are probably one of the most comfortable as well. I go into much more detail in the review linked so if you fancy an in depth diatribe on these shoes then click away.

What's your favourite way to keep warm on a night out?

Jess x

4 comments:

  1. Ah so so so jealous of the gorgeous weather you have! Keeping warm on a night out here lol, well in scotland you'd need a wooly jumper, hat, scarf gloves.. you see where this is going. Love your outfit - especially those boots. New follower here, look forward to reading more from you sweets. Love Laura A Scottish Lass

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One side of my family is from Scotland I don't envy your weather haha, although I do love getting rugged up
      Jess x

      Delete
  2. Those shorts are soo cool :) such a nice outfit! Yeah Winter nights out in England are freezing so more than just a cardigan is needed haha :)
    Jessica x

    www.fashionmagical.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah this outfit's fine for just now, but in the depths of winter I would be more than a bit chilly
      Jess x

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...