Wednesday 13 March 2013

OOTD Life's More Fun in a Maxi





Pink Floral Maxi Dress - Thrifted, Green Socks - ASOS, Boots, R. M. Williams, Sunglasses - Sportsgirl, Lips - Over by Illamasqua and Raspberry (02) Superbalm Moisturising Gloss by Clinique

Wow! Two OOTD posts in a row! It probably (definitely) has something to do with being back in Brisbane near my photography-loving-friend Tara (she took all these photos by the way). Today we took up a trip up to Mount Cootha, near her home, for some lovely scenic shots at the look-out and in the Botanic Gardens. 


The dress has been one of my most comfortable op shop purchases ever. I found it a few weeks back on the Mornington Peninsula - you'll find it in my haul post from that trip. I love the light cheese cloth fabric and the subtle yet detailed print that it features. You'll soon discover that I am a maxi skirt/dress addict. I have many items (some may say too many) of clothing that are classified as maxi or at least midi length. They are just something I've found to be super flattering on my body, are easy to wear all year round, and so simple to style for different moods and occasions. 

These boots are my go-to brown boots which I wear all the time. I pinched them from my mum's wardrobe a year or two ago (because she didn't wear them anymore) and haven't looked back. They were already about 10 years old when I got them and had to be resoled. R.M. Williams are quite expensive new but last for such a long time that they are definitely worth it. If you find a poorly cared for second-hand pair you can easily have them polished and resoled for about $100 at any R.M. Williams store or authorised 'shoe-man'. 

My socks are a sneaky ASOS purchase for super cheap a few winters back. Green is my favourite colour so I just couldn't resist. I think they pick up on some of the lesser noticeable greens in my dress. 

Lips are by Illamasqua and Clinique. I've found the matt lipstick by Illamasqua to be quite drying on my lips so I always put the Superbalm Moisturising gloss over the top. My glasses are by Sportsgirl and I'm pretty sure they still have them in store (even though mine are over a year old) but have increased in price - darn them! 

Hope you're enjoying my increase in OOTD post!

Erin xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...