Friday 22 March 2013

Mid-Monthly Loves


I have been intending to do a monthly favourites post for what feels like a year and a day now. However every time the start of the month rolls around I seem to get distracted and I don't remember until the middle of the month. Today I just decided that the fact that it was the middle of March didn't matter I was doing a favourites post. 


 This Nars Blush in Exhibit A looks terrifying, however when applied lightly ...and I do mean lightly then it gives a really pretty flush to your cheeks. This is a definite staple blush for me as it goes perfectly with a red lip. I don't think a repurchase will be needed anytime soon though, I've had it a year and it looks like I haven't ever used it. 

 I am at heart a lazy person when it comes to my everyday makeup. Faffing about with eyeshadows and blending just doesn't appeal to me. So this smudge-on-and-go solution is perfect. The Maybelline Color Tattoo Eyeshadow in Tough as Taupe. Slightly smoky and super simple. Perfect. 


 Lately I have been laying off the flicked eyeliner, so although I still love my Illamasqua Precision Ink this really fine brush is perfect for doing a thin line right at the lashline. Best of all it's waterproof and stays put. 
 I am a very picky person when it comes to my mascara. I usually find that the cheaper options never really seem to work on my eyelashes. I picked this up on a whim after seeing many a blogger rave about it. Strangely I'm not a fan of the Lash Blast in the orange tube, but this has been fantastic for my eyelashes. Really bumps up the volume and not a clump in sight. 

Lastly it just wouldn't be a beauty post from me without some mention of a new lip product. The Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains are another product that received a lot of attention when they were released. I am a bit late on the bandwagon with these but the shades I plumped for were Smitten and Honey. They're super comfortable to wear and stay put for hours. I'm worried the whole line may become a part of my lip drawer...

What are your must-haves of the moment?

Jess xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...