Sunday 17 February 2013

Tripping into a Sunset



I've been doing a lot (a lot) of driving around the Victorian country side in the last month or so. It had been a while since I'd driven (around six or seven months) before I came down south to spend some time with my parents and I've really been enjoying it for this brief period. My parents are planning on moving out of the city in the near future and so we have been scouting out locations for them to move to - hence all the driving. 

Whilst on these drives, I seem to dictate the music choices and I realised I have never really put together a good driving mix. I have albums I love to drive to but no compilation of different artists. Obviously, it was time to fix this. 

This is a compilation of songs I love spanning across decades, genres and places of origin. Some come from soundtracks of my favourite movies including: The Perks of Being A Wallflower, Django Unchained, Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist and Wayne's World. I loved some of them before seeing those movies but the good memories (created by the films) altered the way I enjoyed them (mainly Bowie's Heroes and Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody). 

There's a good handful of Australian artists in here too like Silver Chair, Kate Miller-Heidke, Boy and Bear and The Grates. I don't expect everyone to be a fan of all these songs (I'd love it if you were) but the aesthetic created by the combination of these together is something I'm definitely looking forward to enjoying on the road.

Do you have any 'on the road' must have songs up your sleeves? I'd love to add more to this mix. 

Erin xx

PS. As always, you don't need an 8tracks account to stream this music but if you do, follow us because we'd love to hear what you put together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...