Friday 15 February 2013

OOTD - Where is Winter?


Jumper - John Galt by Brandy Melville via NastyGal, Skirt - Barkins, Necklace - Regal Rose, Watch - Seiko, Shoes - UNIF Hellraisers

Hi all quick outfit post for you all today. We had a cool day in Brisbane yesterday, and by cool I mean under 30 degrees, so I took the opportunity to wear some items that have been languishing at the back of my closet. 

The jumper is a fairly new buy snapped up in the Nasty Gal sale. It isn't a warm jumper by any means, in fact you can see through it. However, I find this type of knit very useful in the Brisbane winter as you can layer it under a jacket and not end up combusting by the end of the day. I tied the jumper up for the photos, but the knit does drape really nicely when left untied and it is super soft and snuggly. 

The skirt was obtained with a sneaky staff discount thanks to the lovely Erin and has been a constant in my wardrobe since. I think every girl could use a black maxi in their closet. They are the easiest thing in the world to throw on and yet still look presentable. I have also been known to wear leggings under mine come winter. 

Like Erin I also have a penchant for silver rings. The elephant ring was purchased at Woodford 2 years ago and has been worn every day since. The twisted band is a new purchase, found in a pawn shop on Noosa beach. If you can manage to find a ring that fits I highly recommend pawn shops as this sterling silver number cost me a measly $9. 

My necklace is from Regal Rose and I purchased this one about a year ago now. Their jewelry is a little more expensive than what I would generally pay for costume jewelry but it is fantastic quality. It's really heavy and after a year of regular wear still looks in near brand new condition. 

And finally, the shoes are my UNIF Hellraisers. They are one of my go to pair of shoes and I wear them with anything and everything, if only I could get away with them for work. If you want to read more about them I have a blog post on them here.

Are you looking forward to dusting off your winter wardrobe?

Jess xx





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...