Monday 18 February 2013

OOTD - Summer Lovin'






Shirt - thrifted, Skirt - thrifted, Watch - Seiko, Hat - Asos, Boots - Etsy, Lips - Mac 'Girl About Town'

After last Friday's outfit, I figured it was probably a good idea to do something a little more suited to the current Brisbane climate. This is also quite a girly look for me. If you've seen any of my previous outfits you'll know I am a big of grunge ...and black. Lots of black. So this is a big departure from that.

I found the skirt in a charity shop and knew it was meant to be. I did have to take it in a fair bit to make it high waisted, but it was definitely worth the effort. The cotton is super light and comfy to wear even on the hottest of days. I'm not sure how much wear the skirt will see come winter but for now it shall remain a proud feature of my closet.

The shoes were purchased after I saw clothesencounters on YouTube wearing them. I own many a black leather shoe and thought these would be a nice change. Plus the cutouts allow for cool socks come winter. I have to admit I am not a sandals girl. At all. So I like that these are also cool enough to wear in summer. I must admit they aren't the comfiest of shoes though and by the end of the day the balls of my feet do get rather achey. Not sure why this is as the heel is low, perhaps I am just accustomed to a platform these days? I would give you guys the link to the shoes, but the seller was selling deadstock from the 90s and has sold out completely now. However, what with Coltranes and their copies floating around you shouldn't have any trouble finding a similar pair. 

The hat I am undecided about. I love hats as accessories and I always buy them with the best of intentions, but I never really like the look of them on me. Perhaps it's the short hair. Anywho it was hella sunny this particular day and bearing unable to wear sunglasses I slipped on the hat to protect my retinas. 

Finally no summer look would be complete for me without a bright lip. This one is Mac's Girl About Town and I recently traded in my empties at Mac for it. I am loving pinks on the lips at the moment I think they're really fresh and a nice change from my usual red. 

What are your summer staples?

Jess xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...