Friday 22 February 2013

About Face #2


Hello all. I haven't done one of these posts in a while now. To be honest my makeup is very similar on a day to day basis and repeat posts of winged eyeliner and bright lips could prove a little repetitive. 

Recently though I have been opting for a something a little different. No eyeliner. Shock horror! I love a deep red lip I think it's a shade that everyone can wear. Throughout summer I have found myself gravitating towards more traditionally summery options, until recently. 

For eyes I just buffed a matte eyeshadow a few tones darker than my skin across the lid to add a bit of shape, smudged some brown shadow into the lashes and applied a shedload of mascara. Eyes done. Simples. I feel like with the soft eye the red lip looks fresher and less stark, particularly during the day. The rest of your face should be kept soft as well with dewy skin and a bit of bronzer for shape. 

Now onto the star products. I layered two colours to get this look: Revlon's Just Bitten Lip Stain and Balm in Midnight and Mac's Russian Red. Important to note the Revlon product is the felt-tip-marker-like product and not their most recent release. This product stays on the lips for forever and a day and I love using it as a base for other lipsticks. It gives Russian Red (my favourite red) a deeper, richer tone. 

That's all folks. A simple eye and a red lip. Nothing ground breaking, but it'll tide me over until winter and means my darker lipsticks can feel loved year round.

Jess xx 


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...