Sunday 23 December 2012

Chocolate Truffles


With Christmas being just around the corner, and myself staying with my parents in Melbourne for the Summer, I have found myself doing a whole lot of baking.

First on my list of "Sweet things for Christmas" was scrumptious Chocolate Truffles. Awesomeness was added to this classic with macadamias and dried cranberries. 

Ingredients
20g butter
400g good-quality dark chocolate 
300ml cream (can be substituted for light cream)
2 tbsp kahlua
200g macadamias
65g dried cranberries
cocoa power (enough to roll the truffles in)


To get started, you need to melt the chocolate, butter, and cream using a double boiler method. That is: place a glass, ceramic, or metal bowl over a saucepan with about 5-10cm of simmering water (see pictures below). Stir the mixture occasionally until the texture is smooth and looks like the picture on the right. Add the kahlua and stir to combine. Chill until firm to  touch - I popped mine in the fridge over night. 




When your mixture is ready you can begin to prepare the other ingredients. Combine your macadamias and dried cranberries in a bowl. Take a spoonful of the chilled chocolate mixture and a spoonful of the macadamia and dried cranberries and shape it into balls. On a plate, have a good mound of cocoa powder waiting and roll the balls of chocolate, dried cranberries and macadamias until coated finely. Place truffles on a tray or plate and chill until ready to serve. 






I hope you enjoy these delicious chocolate truffles that are, trust me, much more than a morsel.

Erin xx

1 comment:

  1. Yum!! These look delicious! I'm definitely going to try this out!

    http://carpe-diem13.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...